We are happy to add your name to our growing list of professional women (and men) from the outdoor industry. If you have questions or are having problems with any part of the membership registration process, please let us know by contacting Cindy Noyes at email@example.com .
Applying for membership in The WOMA is a two-step process:
- Submit your membership application.
- Submit payment for a 6-month ($40), 12-month ($60) or 24-month membership term ($100). If you are submitting your application online, you will receive a link to the payment page in your submission confirmation.
Your membership will be on a pending basis for a maximum of 30 days and will become fully active upon receipt of your payment and approval of your application. If for any reason we do not receive your payment or reject your application, your pending membership will be deactivated.
Criteria for Membership
The WOMA shall have two membership classes:
(a) Active Members are those who have met the requirements in at least one category below.
(i) Media membership, to include the following:
(1) Newspaper staff writer/columnist/editor
(2) Still photographer
(4) Motion picture/videotape/audiotape producer/editor
(5) Broadcast communications
(6) Magazine staff member
(7) Freelance magazine writer and/or part-time magazine staffer
(8) Book author/editor
(9) Information employee of government or nonprofit agency – Employment as writer, photographer, illustrator, cartoonist, artist, film, video or audio producer, broadcast communicator, editor or lecturer for a government agency or nonprofit organization
(10) Internet communicator – production of outdoor-related materials for Internet distribution
(ii) Industry membership, to include the following:
1) Educator/instructor – Teacher or other educator whose subject matter includes nature, conservation or outdoor recreation subjects
(2) Professional – in hunting, fishing, archery or shooting sports fields
(3) Employee of outdoor-related industry, agency, etc. – producing material for media use for an outdoor-related manufacturer or service
(5) Internet communicator – production of outdoor-related materials for Internet distribution
Ambassador Members are those who have not necessarily met the requirements for the membership categories, but who support the purposes of The WOMA. Ambassadors must be proposed by an Active Member in good standing. Ambassador Memberships are limited to a term of one year from date of acceptance and renewable for additional one-year terms at the sole discretion of the Board and upon submission of an application for renewal. Ambassador Members shall be eligible for discounted annual membership fees and dues to be fixed by the Board. Those eligible for acceptance as Ambassador Members include:
(i) Students enrolled in educational institutions
(ii) Active-duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces in good standing, to include cadets at the four U.S. Armed Forces Academies (Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard)
To submit your application and personal information online. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your accepted e-mail addresses to ensure that the confirmation e-mail is not intercepted by your spam filter.
Important notes about photos/bios: You may upload .txt, .doc, .docx, .pdf, .jpg, .gif, .png or .bmp files only. Please submit action photos that are at least 640×480 pixels and no larger than 2 MB each. The same size limit applies to bios. To see a sample bio, CLICK HERE.
To submit your application and personal information by e-mail or fax:
- Download and complete the membership application.
- Return your completed application along with a brief bio/headshot to Cindy Noyes. You can e-mail Cindy at email@example.com or fax her at 801-894-2218 (This is NOT a toll-free number).
Thank you for supporting The WOMA and we look forward to providing you with the latest news and tools to enhance your standing as a professional in the outdoor media field!
If you haven’t done so already, please take a few minutes and visit our FAQ page to learn about the benefits available to you as a member of The WOMA and instructions for how to use the website.
Deb Ferns, Board Chair
Marsha Petrie Sue, Board President
Lenee Landis, Board Vice President
Christine Quam, Board Secretary
Cindy Noyes, Board Treasurer
Julianna Crowder, Board Director
Larry Weeks, Board Director